- Contact me Contact Form
Visionary Technology Leader25+ year veteran with a track record of being the business leaders' right hand man while leading IT teams to achieve greatness. Early adopter of emerging technologies and enabler of numerous new revenue opportunities. Can't, won't and never are words that are not in my vocabulary.
ZIpongo - San Francisco, CA - United States(Consultant - Since January 2013)
- Assuming architecture and technical advisor role for a health and wellness startup in the Bay area. Focusing on building a platform that includes B2C, B2B, machine learning, data mining and RESTful APIs built on AWS using LAMP stack. Tasks include database architecture, infrastructure and application security, design, development, and more.
Kavis Technology Consulting - Parrish, FL - United States(Consultant - Since January 2008)
- Independent consultant with extensive startup and corporate experience. Specializing in Cloud Computing and Architecture. Frequently hired to assist companies evaluate and plan for cloud computing adoption. Hired by startups to build strong teams and determine architecture roadmaps. Hired by established companies for strategies around Cloud Computing, Big Data and SOA.
Inmar, Inc. - Winston Salem, NC - United States(Full-time - May 2011 - December 2012)
- Responsible for architecture and application development of digital promotion systems. Technologies include cloud computing, SOA, Business Intelligence, Point-of-Sale, distributed real-time transactions, and data warehousing. Experienced in all cloud service models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), DevOps, autoscaling, and everything cloud.
M-Dot Network - Parrish, FL - United States(November 2008 - May 2011)
- Part of executive management team responsible for product development, IT strategy, Enterprise Architecture, & technical sales. Responsibilities include defining overall architecture and strategy, selecting key technologies, budgeting, presenting to VC's and angel investors, and defining product roadmap. Built a 100% cloud based architecture from scratch. The company was sold for a premium to Inmar in May, 2011.
• Recognized as a thought leader in the retail and loyalty marketing industry. Well known in the Enterprise Architecture community as a successful implementer of EA, Cloud Computing, SOA, and BPM. Frequently sought out as a speaker and writer.
• Won the 2010 AWS Startup Challenge for best use of cloud technology, best business model, and best management team.
Catalina Marketing - St. Petersburg, FL - United States(September 1995 - July 2008)
- Responsible for architecture strategies and direction, process improvement, vendor evaluations, and other enterprise initiatives. Built the business case for and implemented an enterprise wide BPM and SOA initiative that spanned all facets of the business.
Computer Task Group - Birmingham, AL - United States(February 1989 - March 1992)
- LAMP, Cloud Computing, DevOps, REST, Data Warehouse, BI, distributed computing, extreme transaction processing, SOA, EA, BPM, IT leadership, technical sales, public speaking, writing, fund raising, product development, loyalty marketing, Point of Sale, mobile, social, B2B, B2C, web development
- C, C++, Python/Django, PHP/Zend Framework