- Cloud Computing
- Data Warehouse
Architect, author, analyst, advisor, and board member. Mike has served in numerous technical roles such as CTO, Chief Architect, and VP positions with over 25 years of experience in software development and architecture.
A pioneer in cloud computing, Mike led a team that built the world's first high speed transaction network in Amazon's public cloud and won the 2010 AWS Global Startup Challenge.
An expert in cloud security, Mike is the author of "Architecting the Cloud: Design Decisions for Cloud Computing Service Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)".
Cloud Technology Partners
- CloudTP is the premier worldwide cloud professional services company. I help companies build solutions in the cloud.
- Cover the cloud computing industry
The Virtualization Practice, LLC.
- Analyst and blogger for The Virtualization Practice, LLC analyzing and blogging on cloud technologies and agile development in the industry.
- GigaOM Research provides timely, in-depth analysis of disruptive technologies and emerging markets for individual and corporate subscribers. I provide analysis of the Cloud Computing industry.
- Assuming architecture and technical advisor role for a health and wellness startup in the Bay area. Focusing on building a platform that includes B2C, B2B, machine learning, data mining and RESTful APIs built on AWS using LAMP stack. Tasks include database architecture, infrastructure and application security, design, development, and more.
- Board member for HDScores who is building the big data platform that is democratizing the $660 Billion Restaurant Industry's Health Department Inspection Data at scale.
LAMP, Cloud Computing, DevOps, Security, Cloud Audits, Data Warehouse, BI, distributed computing, extreme transaction processing, SOA, EA, BPM, IT leadership, technical sales, public speaking, writing, advising, fund raising, product development, loyalty marketing, Point of Sale, mobile, social, B2B, B2C, web development
C, C++, Python/Django, PHP/Zend Framework